CONCORD, N.H.—Two warehouses from Portsmouth's busy seaport days and a house in Lee are the latest properties added to the New Hampshire Register of Historic Places.
The Sheafe Warehouse, built about 1720, was designed to assist with the loading and unloading of cargo boats. It was moved to Portsmouth Prescott Park in 1940. The other warehouse added to the historic register -- the Shaw Warehouse -- was built in 1806 and is now used as offices. It is one of only three remaining industrial properties in Portsmouth's former industrial area.
Part of the Glidden House in Lee was built in the mid-18th century and is the back wing to a circa-1820 Greek Revival house. The house was once the center of a working farm.