RadioBDC Logo
Yellow Flicker Beat [From The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Pt. 1] | Lorde Listen Live
THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Man, 74, dies in apartment fire in Manchester, NH

December 28, 2011
Text size +
  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.

MANCHESTER, N.H.—Officials say a 74-year-old Manchester man has died in a fire that was caused because he was smoking while on a home oxygen system.

An investigation by the state fire marshal's office and the Manchester police and fire departments has revealed that the combination of oxygen and smoking caused an apartment fire Tuesday evening. The man, whose name was not released, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Officials say the fire does not appear suspicious. An investigation is continuing.

State Fire Marshal J. William Degnan and Manchester Fire Chief James Burkush say oxygen and smoking are a deadly combination and that anyone using oxygen should refrain from smoking while oxygen is in use.

  • E-mail
  • E-mail this article

    Invalid E-mail address
    Invalid E-mail address

    Sending your article

    Your article has been sent.