SHARON, Vt. (AP) — A fast-moving fire has destroyed a house in the Vermont town of Sharon.
Fire Chief Dana Durkee said the fire appeared to start where the chimney and wood stove are connected. It climbed through two floors and into the attic.
The Valley News reports (http://bit.ly/S8R373) the fire was reported at about 4:30 p.m. Thursday by a passer-by.
No one was injured, and no one was home at the time.
Durkee said some of the fire department’s tankers struggled to climb the long, icy driveway leading to the home. That left firefighters without water for about 45 minutes after they arrived.
Information from: Lebanon Valley News, http://www.vnews.com