MILTON, Vt.—Firefighters say fighting a garage fire in Vermont was a challenge because it triggered the explosion of multiple propane tanks. No one was hurt.
Crews were called to the home in Milton about 5 p.m. Monday to fine the tanks exploding. Another one was at least half full and firefighters worked to keep it cool while the propane burned off.
The cause of the fire is not clear yet, but WCAX-TV reports (http://bit.ly/sIimB1) the homeowner had been using a space heater while working in the garage, just before seeing smoke.
Information from: WCAX-TV, http://www.wcax.com