QUIRKY STORIES OF 2012
R.I. neighbors: Cussing cockatoo violates noise law
The tale of a Rhode Island woman who trained her cockatoo to hurl curse words at her neighbors — who happened to be her ex-husband and his girlfriend — is a winning trifecta of talking animals, jilted lovers, and legal action to create the perfect storm of a hilariously weird story.
- Choose another
- This year’s oddball articles
- Police: N.H. woman arrested 4 times in 26 hours
- ‘Batman’ charged with obstructing Michigan police
- Emu joins man on Va. jog, is reunited with owner
- Iranian news agency picks up Onion article as fact
- Judge weds couple then sentences groom to prison
- Dog quickly takes in, nurses stray kitten in Minn.
- Milford man pays off mortgage with pennies
- Woman who drove on sidewalk holds ‘idiot’ sign
- Shark falls from sky onto Calif. golf course
- Maine drivers warned of zombie danger
- R.I. neighbors: Cussing cockatoo violates noise law