Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. FINALLY, A DEAL ON THE ‘FISCAL CLIFF’
With scant hours to spare, the White House and congressional Republicans agree to extend tax cuts for the middle class, among other things.
2. RING IN THE NEW YEAR, WRING OUT THE OLD
Fireworks, concerts and celebrations unfold around the globe to welcome 2013 — and, in some places, to say good riddance to 2012.
3. DOCTORS GIVE DETAILS ON CLINTON'S BLOOD CLOT
An MRI reveals the clot is located in a vein between the brain and the skull behind the secretary of state’s right ear.
4. WHAT A NEW REPORT SAYS ABOUT BENGHAZI
The FBI, CIA and other intelligence agencies made major changes to talking points, leading to the administration’s confusing explanations for the attack.
5. SUPPORTERS PRAYING FOR CHAVEZ
Three weeks after cancer surgery, the Venezuelan leader’s condition appears increasingly dire.
6. HOW NYC POLICE UNCOVERED A POSSIBLE BOMB PLOT
A tip led authorities to an apartment where they found an explosive powder and papers titled ‘‘The Terrorist Encyclopedia.’’
7. WILMINGTON 10 WIN PARDONS
NC governor absolves nine blacks and one white wrongly convicted in the 1971 firebombing of a grocery store.
8. WHY GREEN DAY IS TOURING AGAIN
Billie Jo Armstrong says his substance abuse problems are under control.
9. ESPN'S HANNAH STORM RETURNING TO THE AIR
She'll host ABC’s telecast of the Rose Parade on Tuesday, three weeks after she was badly burned in an accident.
10. STRUGGLING NFL TEAMS LOWER THE BOOM
Seven coaches — including Philadelphia’s Andy Reid — and five general managers are fired the day after the end of the regular season.