According to authorities in Washington, the number of people thought to have gone missing in the large mudslide on March 22 has dropped to 30 after many were found safe.

The Associated Press reports:

Officials previously set the number of missing people at 90, but they had said they expected that figure to drop dramatically as they worked to find people and cross-referenced a list that included partial reports and duplicates.

Advertisement - Continue Reading Below

During Saturday night’s briefing, Jason Biermann, the program manager at the Snohomish County Department of Emergency Management, said that the confirmed death toll has risen to 18.