THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Bush was told of Qaeda steps

Pre-9/11 secret memo released

By Charlie Savage
Globe Staff / April 11, 2004

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

  • E-mail|
  • Print|
  • Reprints|
  • |
Text size +

WASHINGTON -- The CIA told President Bush five weeks before the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, that Al Qaeda had been planning to attack the United States since 1997, and appeared to have been laying plans "for hijackings or other types of attacks," according to a top-secret memo declassified yesterday by the White House. (Full Article: 1173 Words)

This article is available in our archives:

Globe Subscribers

FREE for subscribers

Subscribers to the Boston Globe get unlimited access to our archives.

Not a subscriber?

Non-Subscribers

Purchase an electronic copy of the full article. Learn More

  • $4.95 1 Article
  • $9.95 4 Articles
  • $99.95 Unlimited

Boston.com top stories on Twitter

    waiting for twitterWaiting for Twitter to feed in the latest...