THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Family electrocuted while erecting antenna

Associated Press / October 14, 2009

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

Your article has been sent.

  • E-mail|
  • Print|
  • Reprints|
  • |
Text size +

PALM BAY, Fla. - Police in Florida say a mother and father and their 15-year-old son died after being electrocuted while putting up a ham radio antenna at their Palm Bay home.

The victims were identified yesterday as 55-year-old Melville Braham and 49-year-old Anna Braham and their son, Anthony.

Authorities say rescue crews responded to a 911 call yesterday and found the three on the ground not breathing. The Brahams were reportedly trying to raise the antenna when they lost control of the pole and it hit an overhead power line. The impact sent 13,000 volts of electricity through the pole.

Anna Braham was pronounced dead at the scene. Melville and Anthony were taken to a hospital, where they were pronounced dead.