- Ten-year, $150 billion program to produce "climate friendly" energy supplies
- Says he would pay for the program with a carbon auction requiring businesses to bid competitively for the right to pollute
- Supports an economy-wide cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to the level recommended by top scientists
- Aims to cut greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050.
- Like McCain, sponsored earlier legislation that would set mandatory caps on greenhouse gas emissions.
- Supports tougher fuel-efficiency standards.