Submit your own video from the campaign trail
Boston.com wants to be the go-to destination for student and citizen videos about the 2008 presidential campaign in New Hampshire and beyond. We invite college students and others who follow politics in our region to send us original clips from the campaign trail. And we'll post them on Boston.com for the world to see.
watch videos Video Eye on the 2008 Campaign
What we're looking for:
- Lively stories and scenes -- discussions with voters, rallies with candidates, funny moments from the campaign trail
- Narrated and edited reports by student journalists on news events or feature stories
- Raw video footage of unusual, newsworthy scenes
- Keep it short - no more than 2 minutes (100MB maximum)
How to do it:
- Create an account below. It's pretty quick and painless - just email address, password, and screen name.
- Browse your computer to find your video file
(we accept avi, QuickTime, 3gp, mpeg4, wmv, h.264, mpeg2, dv)
- Give your video a title (keep it short)
- Give your video a short description (name of the candidate)
- Create a few ''tags'' or keywords to describe your video using this format: college_candidate, college_issue, or college_general (for example, harvard_obama, bu_clinton, or emerson_general)
- Upload your file
Once your file is uploaded, a Boston.com editor will review your clip. If everything looks OK, we will publish it on the site. It may take up to a day to get published, so please be patient.
If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting your video(s) to Boston.com, you agree that such videos(s) and the accompanying information will become the property of Boston.com and you grant Boston.com, The Boston Globe, Boston Metro ,and their sublicensees permission to publicly display, reproduce, and use the videos in any form or media for any and all editorial and related promotional purposes. You also warrant that (i) the video is your original work, or is properly licensed, and does not violate the copyright or any other personal or property right of any third party, and (ii) you have obtained any and all releases and permissions necessary for our intended use. Your submission also allows Boston.com to edit, crop, or adjust the colors of the image(s) on an as needed basis.