- Santorum, possible GOP presidential candidate, attacks Romney on health care - http://bo.st/fa9zeg 32 minutes ago
- Kerry: Nuclear safety "always part of the discussion" - http://bo.st/i494BS 32 minutes ago
- Patrick meets with Mass., UK finance leaders - http://bo.st/gRmuP4 about 3 hours ago
- Job posting seeks press secretary for Senate race - http://bo.st/gTXSVZ about 5 hours ago
- JAPAN EARTHQUAKE: Truly stunning photos and video since Friday. Front pages have been arresting... about 8 hours ago
- A tricky shift for Delahunt - http://bo.st/eYIvzu about 10 hours ago
- District 7 voters look to elect a 'forceful voice' to City Council - http://bo.st/ieWLyX about 10 hours ago
- Among the potential Democratic candidates for US Senate, Setti Warren could address chamber's omission, backers say... http://bo.st/fN05pO about 10 hours ago
- Potential Senate candidacy highlights chamber's omission - http://bo.st/e0mKCp about 11 hours ago
- Kerry tells police union that the GOP is making cuts without considering impact - http://bo.st/gPXvxi 1 day ago
- Patrick eagerly accepts role as state's envoy - http://bo.st/dOIZ4s 1 day ago
- DeLeo colors St. Patrick's Day roast monologue with a few choice words - http://bo.st/ePl3zj 1 day ago
- Bachmann visits N.H., slips up on Revolution - http://bo.st/flaUc6 1 day ago
- Labor unions say Wis. fight not over - http://bo.st/ennGGK 1 day ago
Garrett Quinn on politics, government, and culture.
Political news from Beacon Hill and beyond.
GOVERNOR PATRICK'S TRAVELS
Full or partial days he spent away from Massachusetts last year, as of Dec. 31, 2011.
Number of days
Current status: The governor is in Massachusetts after a year of travel promoting the state, his book, President Obama, and enjoying personal leave.
Grade the winners, losers
Join Boston.com politics editor Jim O'Sullivan who will discuss the mayoral election at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday. ...
Strategies for fighting terrorism can be found in Boston’s successful gang-prevention efforts and in the resolution of sectarian violence in Northern Ireland, former Boston Police Commissioner Kathleen M. O’Toole said today....
An anti-spending group has issued an economic assessment of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney....
Just days after announcing his presidential bid, Mitt Romney says not to expect him to hit the campaign hustings too hard anytime soon. “Right now, your greatest enemy is overexposure," he told CNN's Piers Morgan in his first major TV interview since his announcement. "People get tired of seeing the same person day in and day out."...
The six Democrats who so far have declared they want to unseat US Senator Scott Brown next year blasted the Republican and mocked his reprepresenation in "the people's seat" as they addressed delegates at the party's annual convention....
Local politics: Latest news
Invoking the name of slain teenager Steven Odom yesterday, Governor Deval Patrick proposed a sweeping antiviolence initiative aimed at toughening gun laws, clamping down on street gangs, and pumping $10 million into programs targeting the most violent cities in the state. (Globe Staff, 5/10/11)
Suffolk Downs may be looking to reduce its live racing days, but a state representative from Fitchburg has filed legislation raising required live racing days, saying it will give the horse breeding industry a boost. (State House News Service, 5/10/11)
Michael F. Flaherty Jr. took direct aim at Mayor Thomas M. Menino of Boston yesterday as he announced another bid for elected office, criticizing his former adversary’s record on education, violent crime, and “opaque and unpredictable’’ development. (Globe Staff, 5/8/11)
National politics: Latest news
WASHINGTON — House Speaker John A. Boehner said last night that Republicans would insist on trillions of dollars in federal spending cuts in exchange for their support of an increase in the federal debt limit sought by the Obama administration to prevent a government default. (Boston Globe, 5/10/11)