- Supports Roe v. Wade, but also favors a ban on "partial birth abortion" and opposes federal funding on abortion.
- In 2007, voted to create 35-foot buffer zone around abortion clinics to distance protesters from patients.
- Sponsored an amendment, ultimately rejected, to a 2005 bill that would have let ER staff turn away rape victims to another facility (at no patient cost) if they had religious objections to providing emergency contraception.
- Voted for the overall 2005 bill, which provided quicker emergency contraceptives, and voted to override a governor's veto of the bill.
- Co-sponsored bill which would require women to wait 24 hours before an abortion and to review pictures and information detailing fetal development.
- Endorsed by Massachusetts Citizens for Life.
- Supports strong parental consent rules for minors, and says "we need to reduce the number of abortions in America."
Pick an issue: