Good morning, Boston.
Here's what you need to know this morning:
Bruins: The Bruins play the Winnipeg Jets at 7:30 p.m.
Red Sox: The Red Sox are off today.
Today: Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 60s.
Tonight... Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s.
Tomorrow: Partly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s.
Check out our current traffic report.
What’s in the news?
- Former Navy SEAL Gabriel Gomez, who lost a special election for the U.S. Senate in June and is weighing another bid for office, says he has changed his position and now supports a ban on assault weapons.
- The Massachusetts House voted Wednesday to repeal an unpopular new technology tax on computer and software services. The House vote was 156-1. The Senate is expected to vote on repealing the tax when senators come back into session today.
- A civil rights group accused the FBI on Wednesday of harassing friends of a Chechen man shot to death in his Orlando apartment by an agent during questioning about a Boston Marathon bombing suspect. The Florida chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations said that the FBI has been threatening to arrest friends of Ibragim Todahsev unless they become informants and spy on local mosques, restaurant patronized by Muslims and hookah lounges.
- The Boston Athletic Association has notified those who were accepted into the 2014 Boston Marathon that they made it in. It will be the first Boston Marathon after the April 15 bombings that killed three people and injured hundreds more. The field for next year's race was expanded by more than 9,000 runners to accommodate those who wanted to run as a tribute to the victims.
- A student on leave from Salem State University was arrested in upstate New York after he allegedly returned to the campus and stabbed a female student on a university shuttle and wounded the driver.
- Harvard University's endowment earned an 11.3 percent gain on investments in the most recent fiscal year to surge to $32.7 billion, university officials said.
Events for today:
- Grammy winner Michael Buble performs at the TD Garden tonight. 8 p.m.
- The Dance Program at Boston University is hosting Dance Showcase 2013 tonight and tomorrow. The event will feature works by faculty and special guests of BU.
- Comedian Brad Mastrangelo stops in Boston for two performances at Nick's Comedy Stop. 8 p.m.
Check out these live events on Boston.com today