Good morning, Boston. As many of you commuters could see yesterday, school is back and those on vacation have returned. Traffic is expected to be tough today, but fortunately the weather on tap may make up for it.
Here are some tips and information to get you through the day:
Red Sox: The Sox wrap up their three-game series against Detroit tonight. The game starts at 7:10 p.m. Ryan Dempster will be pitching for the Red Sox and Rick Porcello for the Tigers. If you're watching the game at Fenway, bring a sweater or light jacket as itíll be a bit chilly. If youíre watching from home, you can tune in on NESN and ESPN. The Sox start a four-game series against the Yankees tomorrow.
- Game preview here
- More coverage here
Patriots: With fall traffic and weather also comes football. The Pats continue to prepare for the regular-season opener against Buffalo Sunday at 1 p.m. More coverage on the Patriots here
The weather will be considerably less humid today and more sunny. Highs will be in the lower 80s. It'll drop down to the lower 60s tonight. It will turn much cooler tomorrow. Today's Forecast
Do you really need us to tell you this? The children are back to school, college kids are scurrying around Boston, and summer vacations are pretty much a fond memory. If you're lucky enough to work at home, terrific. For those of you who must brave traffic, here is our current traffic report.
Whatís in the news?
- Investigators are probing the death of Ariel Castro, 53, who was accused of kidnapping three women and repeatedly raping them in his home for nearly a decade. He was found dead in his cell from an apparent suicide. Read the story
- We are following the latest developments around Syria.
- In Massachusetts, Charles D. Baker is expected to announce he will be a candidate for state governor in the next election. He's expected to announce his candidacy for the 2014 election in a video to be released at 10 a.m. Read the story
Events for today:
- You can take a dip with The Harbor Seals at the New England Aquarium from 11-11:30 a.m. You can wade into the water with them up to your waist. It'll cost you $150 for non-members, and $125 for members. More details here.
- "Wicked" is at the Boston Opera House tonight at 7:30 p.m. This musical about the witches of Oz stars Jenn Gambatese as Glinda, Alison Luff in the role of Elphaba, and John Davidson as the Wizard. Event details.