Good morning, Boston.
Here's what you need to know this morning:
Red Sox: There is no Red Sox game tonight.
Today: Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 60s.
Tonight... .Partly cloudy in the evening...then becoming mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s.
Tomorrow: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s.
Check out our current traffic report.
What’s in the news?
- Aaron Hernandez faces a pre-trial hearing in Fall River. The former Patriots tight end is slated to make his first appearance since his arraignment on murder and weapons charges in the killing of Odin Lloyd. Four others also face charges in the case.
- The Massachusetts' House is expected to debate and vote today on a re-drawn casino compact between the Patrick administration and the Mashpee Wampanoag tribe. Lawmakers OK'd an earlier compact but the federal Bureau of Indian Affairs rejected the agreement.
- Governor Deval Patrick opens a trade mission trip to Canada today, talking up Canadian tourism's importance in a stop in Toronto. His schedule also has Patrick talking about wind energy with an industry group and a meeting with Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne.
Events for today:
- Musical artists Brian Wilson and Jeff Beck, on the road for their North American tour, will be at the City Wang Theatre tonight. The duo will be joined by Wilson’s former band mates, Al Jardine and David Marks. 8 p.m.
- Three baritones take the stage in a musical performance conceived by Broadway veteran Marc Kudisch. "Baritones UnBound: Celebrating the UnCommon Voice of the Common Man," is in Boston through Oct. 20.
-Irish folk band The Auld Locals play at Mr. Dooley's Boston Tavern tonight at 9 p.m.
Check out these live events on Boston.com today