RadioBDC Logo
I'm With You | Grouplove Listen Live
 
 
< Back to front page Text size +

Toddler dies in Milford after choking on a screw

Posted by Doug Saffir  March 13, 2014 04:40 PM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

A 2-year-old boy in Milford, Massachusetts died this morning after choking on a screw.

The toddler was pronounced dead after being taken to Milford Regional Hospital. Detectives later determined that the screw came loose from a piece of furniture in the family's house.

The Worcester Telegram & Gazette reported today that the mother found her child around 2 a.m. and called authorities to report that he was choking.

The Boston Globe added that officials do not suspect foul play.

State Police and Milford detectives determined that the screw had become detached from a piece of furniture in the Water Street home, police said.

Officials are calling the death a "tragic accident," and will not be releasing information on the victim or his family due to the medical nature of the incident.

Reach me at douglas.saffir@globe.com. Follow me @dougsaffir

About The Source

The Source is your destination for must-read news. Compiled by Boston.com staff, it offers compelling stories, photos, videos, and links from Boston and around the globe. The latest story making headlines? That viral video you heard about? The stunning picture you'll forward to your friends? They're all here.

Submit to The Source

Have a link you want to share? Use the form below to send it to us for consideration.
120 characters left

Thanks for your submission!

archives