Price to sell
Pricing your home correctly creates opportunity for it to move faster than your neighbor’s property and get the highest selling prices. To do so:
- Hire a broker who specializes in your town.
- Even if you have time on your side, don’t go for a higher price than your home is worth. Sellers who say that they want to “see how it plays out” not only run the risk of shrinking the potential buyer pool but removing themselves from consideration altogether.
- Negotiate, but don’t overreach. Overaggressive negotiations could potentially forfeit the sale. The negotiating skills of your broker are paramount in a buyer’s market.
- Market your property online and check your competition. Look at what’s moving and what’s not and be sure that your property has a visible, searchable online presence and that you have highlighted key selling features.
- Be realistic – Do not price your house based upon what you want, but on what the market will support.