So how nuts are home prices around here?
Well check out the top ten sales of 2012, which range from $12.5 million for a 15,000-square-foot Back Bay townhouse overlooking the Public Garden down to a $6.2 million Weston mansion compound.
The list, drawn from MLS listings, was sent over by Coldwell Banker, which has bragging rights on six of the top ten deals.
- 15 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, $12.5 million: Above mentioned Back Bay townhouse, larger enough, at 15,000 square feet, to cram in five suburban colonials.
- 3 Louisburg Street, Boston, $11,000,000: Five bedroom, five and a half bath townhouse in Beacon Hill's ever fashionable Louisburg Square.
- 115 Commonwealth Ave, $10.6 million."Historic townhouse" on "sunny side" of Commonwealth Ave.
- 333 Lee St., Brookline, $10,500,000: Twenty-room, Georgian Revival with ten fire places, spa and Olympic pool.
- 130 Warren St., Brookline,$9,000,000: Just under 8,000 square feet, this Brookline mansion sits on 3.7 acres in the town's Country Club section.
- 281 Fairhaven Hill Road,Concord, $8,600,000: Seventeen room mansion on 16 acre spread overlooking Walden Pond.
- 7 Smith's Point Road, Manchester, $8,400,000: This beachfront manse has 11 bedrooms and a coveted perch on the North Shore's so-called Gold Coast.
- 103 Rolling Lane, Weston, $6,500,000: Weston mansion overlooking Weston Golf Club. This "chic, beautiful home" features "privately sited romantic beauty," whatever the heck that means. I like the word "chic" though.
- 36 Love Lane,Weston, 6,250,000: Better love it for $6.2 million. The write-up is over the top."Enter through stone pillars on a long tree-lined drive and arrive at a beautiful Shingle Style Estate secluded on four lush acres in a premier southside location."
- 15 Claridge Drive, Weston, $6,250,000: Ho hum, another Weston mansion with a silly write-up: "Impressive European-inspired manor amid 3.74 park-like acres on private cul-de-sac. Old World craftsmanship in understatedly elegant design by noted architect Thomas Catalano."
The author is solely responsible for the content.