Here's a look at some of the top wide receivers returning to action in the city of Boston:
- Latin Academy senior Alex Guerrier is a starting wide receiver that excels at catching the ball, even with heavy traffic over the middle of the field.
- Brighton Senior Chris Desanero is small but very quick and powerful. The wide receiver does a lot with his touches during games and he is a team captain.
- South Boston junior Pannel Davis is one of the team’s best players. No matter where the ball goes, you can guarantee the 6-foot, 170-pound Pannel will be there. He tends to make his quarterback look good.
- Latin Academy junior Devaughn Riley is both a star football and basketball player. He is overcoming a serious knee injury but his coach believes he is still a big threat.
- Boston English senior Francis Okoyo is 6-1, 175 pounds. He has made incredible improvement since he first started playing three years ago.
About Boston Public Schools Sports BlogMore »
- Justin A. Rice -- A metro Detroit native, Rice is a Michigan State University (Go Spartans!) and Northeastern University graduate. Rice lives in the South End with his dog and wife, who unfortunately attended the University of Michigan ... his wife, that is. He curates the BPS Sports Blog and is always looking to write about city athletes with great stories. Have an idea? He can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter @GlobeJustinRice or @BPSspts.
- Ryan Butler -- A Rhode Island native and avid Boston sports fan, Butler played basketball, baseball and football throughout his time in Barrington Public Schools. Now currently in his middler year at Northeastern University, he joins Boston.com as a correspondent for the site's BPS coverage. Have a story idea? Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on his Twitter @butler_globe.