This is a summary. To read the whole story subscribe to BostonGlobe.com
ORLANDO — It was no surprise to Red Sox general manager Ben Cherington that shortstop Stephen Drew, center fielder Jacoby Ellsbury, and first baseman Mike Napoli officially declined their qualifying offers on Monday.
The free agents were offered one-year deals worth $14.1 million last week. If they sign with another team, the Red Sox would receive a supplemental first-round draft pick.
Cherington said the Red Sox have held discussions with all three players about contract parameters. The Sox, he said, also remain interested in catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia, righthanded reliever Joel Hanrahan, and infielder John McDonald.
Full story for BostonGlobe.com subscribers.
Get the full story with unlimited access to BostonGlobe.com.
Just 99 cents for four weeks.