On this date in 1967
On the final day of the season, the Red Sox beat the Twins, 5-3, and, when the Tigers lose later in the day, Boston wins the American League pennant. Jim Lonborg earns his 22d win on his way to the Cy Young Award and Carl Yastrzemski goes 4 for 4 with two RBIs, securing the Triple Crown.
WE THINK YOU'LL LIKE
- Unconventional Preview: Devin McCourty Has Become the Thinking Fan's Favorite Safety
- Sold! Vegas Only the Latest to Buy Into the New England Patriots
- Best Bets: Take the Points and Roll With Gronk and the Pats
- What Is at Stake for John Henry and Co. This Offseason? Their Relevance
- MIT: The Greatest Football Team in New England You Haven’t Seen