RED SOX HOT STOVE REPORTS
Sox get Hanrahan from Pirates
The Red Sox completed a trade with the Pirates, obtaining Joel Hanrahan and infielder Brock Holt for reliever Mark Melancon and three prospects. Hanrahan, 31, makes sense for the Red Sox because questions linger over closer Andrew Bailey, who missed most of last season with a thumb injury and had a 7.04 ERA in 19 appearances when he returned.
Hanrahan made $4.1 million in 2012 and is eligible for salary arbitration in 2013 and eligible for free agency on 2014. He was a National League All-Star the past two seasons.
- Choose another
- Page 1
- Sox get Hanrahan from Pirates
- Reports: Ross goes to Diamondbacks
- Dempster agrees to two-year deal with Boston
- Could Masterson return to the Red Sox?
- Hamilton goes to Angels
- Myers for Lester deal discussed, doesn’t happen
- Bay not headed back to Boston
- Sox have some interest in Berkman
- Sox have inquired about Lohse
- Sox thinking long term on Pedroia
- Gordon's price may be too steep
- Upton could be available via trade
- Ellsbury could be a valuable trading chip
- Sox add Koji Uehara to bullpen
- Sox sign Shane Victorino
- Red Sox sign Napoli
- Sox agree to terms with Gomes
- Ross returns to the Red Sox