After today's game was postponed to a date to be determined, the Red Sox are going to try to get Monday's game in. It may not start at 10 a.m. as scheduled. That part will be discussed later today when weather reports might be clearer as to when the current storm is expected to pass through.
Items from the clubhouse:
1. Josh Beckett will be Monday's starting pitcher and oppose Ervin Santana, who has awful road numbers in his brief major league career - 9-12 with a 6.65 ERA.
Francona said the rest of the week will line up: Dice-K on Tuesday in Toronto. Tim Wakefield on Wednesday. Julian Tavarez will go Thursday afternoon and Curt Schilling will start the Yankee opener Friday in Boston. All subject to change of course. It still looks like Dice-K making two starts against the Yankees.
2. On Jackie Robinson Day, Coco Crisp, who was supposed to wear No. 42, was not in Boston's starting lineup. Wily Mo Pena was slated to bat eighth and play center field. This is the second time Pena was in the lineup and was scratched because of rain.
Francona indicated, however, that Pena would be back in there Monday and would likely also be in the lineup Tuesday when the Jays start lefty Gustavo Chacin.
3. Terry Francona said he was not conscious of J.D. Drew's 13-game hitting streak when he pulled him for a pinch-hitter in the eighth inning of Saturday's game. Francona said he would never intentionally risk a player losing out on a hitting streak, and didn't think that Drew cared about it anyway.
4. The lineup, if they had played called for SS Julio Lugo, 1B Kevin Youkilis, DH David Ortiz, LF Manny Ramirez, RF J.D. Drew, 3B Mike Lowell, C Jason Varitek, CF Wily Mo Pena, 2B Alex Cora.
5. The Red Sox were awaiting word on whether they were paying tribute to Jackie Robinson tomorrow after festivities were cancelled.