FORT MYERS, Fl. - Terry Francona had a few medical updates this morning in addition to speaking about the subject of repeating.
Here's a sampling:
1. Coco Crisp - The manager liked what he saw from Crisp's full workout yesterday. He said Crisp didn't "stretch out" a few activities. In fact, Crisp said himself he hasn't sprinted yet because he doesn't want to get back to square one with his groin injury. Francona hoped Crisp could take part in a game before Wednesday, the team's final Florida game before Japan.
2. Bobby Kielty, who has battled a calf injury, is on target to play right field tomorrow in Bradenton vs. the Pirates.
3. Francona said Josh Beckett is doing more everyday without any setbacks.He appears to be on his way toward a full recovery, but doubt he'll be Japan.
4. Manny Delcarmen gave everyone a scare when he slipped off the mound while turning a double-play in the 7th inning, but Francona said he's fine and he'll pitch an inning in Bradenton tomorrow.
5. Julio Lugo was in the lineup at SS today. Francona said if everything goes well (his back) he'll DH tomorrow.