< Back to front page Text size +

Ortiz will 'play hard' for the Red Sox

Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff  November 22, 2010 08:28 PM

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

David Ortiz, appearing at an event in the Dominican Republic to promote his charity golf tournament, said he would "play hard" in the Red Sox in the wake of the team picking up his $12.5 million option for 2011.

Ortiz had wanted a multi-year contract.

“Boston made its decision, and I am going to play hard,” Ortiz told the Associated Press. "I wanted a new contract, but I know that this is a business. Sometimes good decisions are made and other times not.”

Red Sox chairmen Tom Werner said last week he was hopeful Ortiz would remain with the club beyond 2011.

E-mail this article

Invalid E-mail address
Invalid E-mail address

Sending your article

archives

browse this blog

by category