A few random facts and figures about Adrian Gonzalez courtesy of Bill Chuck:
• Of his 168 homers, 101 have been away from spacious Petco Park. He’s hit four grand slams, three of them last season. He’s had one five RBI game and one six RBI game, both last season.
• Gonzalez is a better second-half hitter, hitting .299 after the All-Star Game as opposed to .272 before.
• He is a lifetime .312 hitter with runners in scoring position and a .272 hitter with RISP and two outs.
• He has hit 46 of his homers to the opposite field, a good sign for the lefty hitter given the proximity of the Green Monster.
• Gonzalez has hit more doubles (55) to left in his career than pulled them (48).
• Over the last four seasons, Mark Teixeira has hit .290 with 135 homers, 456 RBI, and an .928 OPS. Gonzalez has hit .284 with 137 homers, 419 RBI, and an .894 OPS.
• No active player has as many plate appearances (,3630) with fewer than Adrian’s one career stolen base. All-time, only catcher Gus Triandos (1953-65) has more plate appearances (4,426) with just one stolen base.
Gonzalez's only steal came on April 28, 2009 at Coors Field on off of Jorge de la Rosa and Yorvit Torrealba of the Rockies. Since 2006, he has hit into 92 double plays, the same amount as Jose Lopez, Victor Martinez and Ivan Rodriguez.