On Saturday, December 11 the Red Sox will kick-off the 2011 season with the eighth annual Christmas at Fenway. In addition to being the first opportunity to purchase 2011 Sox Pax — four-game ticket packages — and select April and May games, there will be a variety of other exciting activities at the ballpark:
• An opportunity to take some swings in the Fenway Park batting cages
• Visits by Red Sox players and coaches and Wally the Green Monster. Daniel Nava, Terry Francona, Tim Bogar, DeMarlo Hale and Ron Johnson are expected to attend along with Frank Malzone and Luis Tiant.
• Round table discussion with Red Sox front office executives.
• The Great Fenway Park Yard Sale. Fans will gave an opportunity to purchase a selection of items, including signed memorabilia from former/current players, game used jerseys and bats, framed photos and paintings, ballpark seats, ballpark signage, and original Fenway Park bricks.
• Prizes given away throughout the day to randomly selected attendees
• Visits from Santa and Mrs. Claus
To be eligible to attend Christmas at Fenway, fans must register online beginning anytime from now through 12 p.m. (noon) on Monday, December 6. Winners will be selected at
random for the opportunity to attend this exciting event.
This is a very kid-friendly event and if you get in, you'll have a chance to buy tickets. If you have the time, it's worth the effort.
UPDATE, 3:49 p.m.: You can purchase tickets without going to Fenway.
Single-game ticket sales will be available online at redsox.com and by phone at 888-REDSOX6 beginning at 10:00 a.m. on December 11. Fans who require ADA accessible seating may also call 877-REDSOX9. Hearing impaired fans may call the Red Sox TTY line at (617) 226-6644.
The single games that are available for sale include the Rays games on April 11, 12 and 13, the Blue Jays games on April 15, 16, and 17, the Mariners games on April 29, 30 and May 1, the Angels games on May 2, 3, 4 and 5, the Twins games on May 6, 7, 8, and 9, the Orioles games on May 16 and 17 and the Tigers games on May 18 and 19. There is a maximum limit of two Sox Pax packages per customer of up to four tickets per package for a total of 32 tickets. Fans can also purchase a maximum of eight tickets from the single game sales with any combination of games.