(Jim Davis/Globe Staff)
With 20 relief pitchers in the Red Sox spring training camp, and five out of seven roster spots for relievers locked up, Scott Atchison is trying to secure one of the remaining spots for himself. Peter Abraham has his story.
The Red Sox notebook leads with the news that the team reportedly intends to exercise a two-year option in the contract of manager Terry Francona that is worth $9 million. Additional items detail the initial schedule of pitchers for preseason games, Adrian Gonzalez swinging a bat again, and short takes on Jonathan Papelbon, Mike Cameron and minor leaguer Jason Bergmann.
Today's content on Boston.com includes:
- The daily Spring Training Today video features Chris Gasper and Peter Abraham discussing the relationship between Francona and GM Theo Epstein.
- A video of David Ortiz and his son spending time together at spring training.
- Two photo galleries: Week 1 and Week 2 (which will be updated throughout this week)
- Yesterday's Globe 10.0 videos were: Are the Yankees better than people think? and Is Clay Buchholz a proven winner now? Today's Globe 10.0s will be posted later this morning. The subjects are: Will the Red Sox win over or under 96 games? and What will Tim Wakefield's role be?
- And if you're in Fort Myers, or have gone and come back, and want to share your photos with Boston.com readers, we're accepting them now. You can view other readers' photos using the same link.
Nick Cafardo and Michael Vega will have your updates today, and look for the latest Spring Training Today video about 3 p.m.