If you are headed to the game on Sunday, you should be aware of this press release from the Red Sox:
The Boston Red Sox would like to alert fans to street closures in the Fenway neighborhood and surrounding areas Sunday, May 1 on account of Project Bread's Walk for Hunger.
Those making the trip to Fenway Park are urged to use public transportation, provide extra time and to arrive early. The game is scheduled to start at 1:35 p.m. and the Fenway Park gates will open to the public at 12:05 p.m.
The following streets will be closed to vehicular traffic during various points of the day:
• Arlington Street (Between Beacon Street and Commonwealth Avenue) from 6-11 a.m.
• Beacon Street (Between Charles Street and Arlington Street) from 7-noon. Traffic at the intersection of Beacon Street and Park Drive will also be diverted.
• Charles Street (Between Boylston Street and Beacon Street) from 6 a.m. through 6 p.m. In addition, Boylston Street East and Westbound feeding into Charles Street will be closed. Traffic on Charles Street South will be diverted to Park Square.
• Commonwealth Avenue (Outbound from Arlington Street through Kenmore Square) from 6-11 a.m. Traffic will be diverted at streets leading to Commonwealth Avenue including Charlesgate East and West. Traffic on Commonwealth Avenue inbound at Kenmore Square will also be diverted.
• Fans should anticipate traffic delays at Beacon Street outbound from Kenmore Square to Park Drive between 7 a.m. through noon.
• Drivers are also asked to use extreme caution on Massachusetts Avenue at the intersection with Commonwealth Avenue where walkers will be crossing from 11 a.m. through 7 p.m.
• Delays along Commonwealth Avenue from Charlesgate East to Arlington Street are anticipated from 11 a.m. through 7 p.m.