Good afternoon from a nice fall day at Fenway Park. There's actually a small wedding going on in the stands behind the plate.
A few little items for you ....
• Conor Jackson was hitless in 27 straight at-bats before his single last night. His last hit was Aug. 12.
• Remember when the Red Sox canceled the Rich Harden trade for medical reasons? He has made eight starts since and thrown 44.1 innings. Erik Bedard has made six starts and thrown 32 innings.
• In his career, Alfredo Aceves has a 2.74 ERA in 180.2 relief innings and a 4.18 ERA in 47.1 innings as a starter.
• Milestone watch: Jacoby Ellsbury and David Ortiz need six RBs in the last 12 games to reach 100.
• Jonathan Papelbon has thrown 22 consecutive scoreless innings, matching his career high (originally done in 2006). The most amazing part of that streak is that opponents are 5 for 71 against him.