A few random notes on the opener:
• The Sox have won eight consecutive home openers, the longest active streak in the majors and longest in team history. Their last loss in a home opener was in 2004, 10-5 against Toronto. But that season turned out OK in the end.
• The Red Sox are 16-4 in their last 20 home openers.
• Joel Hanrahan is the only player on the active roster never to play at Fenway.
• The Red Sox will recognize their 60th anniversary of being involved in the Jimmy Fund in the pregame ceremonies.
• Curious about the clubhouse? Jackie Bradley Jr. got the locker next to the door that was J.D. Drew's for five years before Ryan Sweeney had it. Stephen Drew will be next to him.
Shane Victorino is down at the other end, in the corner locker that has belonged to assorted veterans over the years, Kevin Youkilis included. Jonny Gomes, Dustin Pedroia, Mike Napoli, and Will Middlebrooks are all in a row in the middle.