A few notes from Fenway:
• RHP Joel Hanrahan is set to pitch for Pawtucket on Friday. He threw in the bullpen today.
• LHP Craig Breslow is set for back-to-back appearances with the PawSox on Saturday and Sunday. Then they'll see how he looks. His breaking ball and arm strength need to improve. Breslow faced four batters and didn't get an out in Portland Tuesday night when he started his rehab assignment.
• John Farrell was asked a lot of questions about Alfredo Aceves, both on the pitcher's performance Tuesday night and his comments after the game.
Farrell believes the comments were made in frustration and weren't necessarily critical of his teammates. Aceves, in case you missed it, wondered aloud why the Red Sox didn't do much against Bartolo Colon.
Farrell did say that if John Lackey were unable to start Sunday — which is what the Sox want — Aceves is not necessarily the starter. Allen Webster could start. That speaks volumes about where Aceves is now in the eyes of the team.
• Daniel Bard, Farrell said, will be used early in games, not in the later innings.The Sox have been heartened by his fastball command in recent appearances. His velocity has been 93-96.
• Mike Napoli had T-shirts made for the entire roster and staff. They say "617 Strong" on the back.
• LHP Franklin Morales is here and threw long toss. His lower back is fine but he has a sore left pectoral muscle. The Sox have not yet shut down his rehab. But it's uncertain when he will pitch again.
Morales has had a series of injury issues since the end of last season. That was his problem with the Rockies, too.