The National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum opened its World Series "Autumn Glory" exhibit on Thursday. The artifacts include:
• Bat used by World Series MVP David Ortiz in the postseason.
• Spikes worn throughout the World Series by closer Koji Uehara.
• Jacket worn in Game 6 by Red Sox Manager John Farrell.
• Catcher’s helmet and mask worn by Red Sox catcher David Ross.
• Glove used through the 2013 postseason by Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew.
• Batting gloves used by Boston rookie Xander Bogaerts during the World Series.
• The fake beard Hall of Famer Carlton Fisk wore when he threw out the ceremonial first pitch in Game 6.
• Bat and batting gloves used by Jonny Gomes in Game 4 when his three-run homer gave Boston the win.
• Number “0” from Fenway Park scoreboard at end of Game 6.
The exhibit will be on display through the conclusion of the 2014 postseason. Entrance is included with Museum admission.
On Saturday, Dec. 14, fans at the Hall of Fame will get an extra inside look at Boston’s eighth Series title when two Red Sox legends visit the museum.
Red Sox radio voice Joe Castiglione and former Sox manager Joe Morgan will be featured in a Voices of the Game event at 11 a.m. in the Bullpen Theater. Seating is available on a first-come basis, and tickets are included with Museum admission.
Castiglione will begin his 32d season on Red Sox radio in 2014, tying him with the late Ned Martin for the longest tenure in team history.
Morgan managed the Red Sox from 1988-91, leading Boston to American League East titles in 1988 and 1990 and finishing in the top four of the AL Manager of the Year voting three times.
The Hall is open seven days a week year round, with the exception of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.The Museum observes regular hours of 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. from Labor Day until Memorial Day weekend. Ticket prices are $19.50 for adults (13 and over), $12 for seniors (65 and over) and for those holding current memberships in the VFW, Disabled American Veterans, American Legion and AMVets organizations, and $7 for juniors (ages 7-12).
For more information, visit baseballhall.org or call 888-HALL-OF-FAME (888-425-5633) or 607-547-7200.