With the 5-2 win over the Indians Thursday night at Fenway Park, the Red Sox recorded their sixth straight win at home, their longest such streak of the season and longest overall since six in a row in April 2013.
• The Sox have won seven of their last eight against the Indians at Fenway.
• Jon Lester earned the 107th win of his career, moving into sole possession of ninth place on the Sox all-time list. He retired 10 of the first 11 batters he faced, with just a Yan Gomes single. In his last two starts at Fenway he has allowed just one earned run in 14 2/3 innings. This was his eighth start of the season of at least seven innings, most on the team.
• Daniel Nava went 3-for-4, his second three-hit game of the season. He has hit safely in five of his last six games and is 9-for-22, .409, in his last seven games. He improved to .442, 19-for-43, with five doubles, 11 RBI, and nine runs scored in 14 career games against the Indians. He has the highest batting average against Cleveland among active players.
• Brock Holt went 2-for-4 and has hit safely in 11 of his last 12 games, going 21-for-54, batting .315. He has reached base in 19 of 21 games batting leadoff this season.
• Mike Napoli has reached base in all 25 games with a plate appearance at Fenway this season, batting .315, going 29-for-92. It is the longest active home on-base streak in the American League this season.
• Jonathan Herrera’s sixth-inning triple was the eight of his career and first since June 25, 2013, which with the Rockies at Fenway.
• Koji Uehara pitched a perfect ninth inning for his 14th save in as many chances this season. He has not allowed a run in his last 18.0 innings and has converted his last 30 regular season save opportunities, the longest active streak in the majors.
• Jackie Bradley’s seventh-inning outfield assist was his sixth of the season, the most by a Sox rookie since Bob Zupcic had 11 in 1992.
• Manager John Farrell said after the game Stephen Drew, sidelined with an ailing right oblique, is not expected to get an MRI on Friday and could get into a game over the weekend.