The Red Sox and their fans were finally able to celebrate a World Series at Friendly Fenway, but our prediction contest winner is from halfway across the country: Milly of Iowa City.
We drew her name at random from among nine of you who answered six questions correctly. Milly got these right: That the Sox would win, Sox pitchers would record six strikeouts, Jonny Gomes would make the first outfield catch, the Sox wouldn't have any stolen bases, David Ortiz would get the first walk, and that there would be two broken bats.
We're a little sad that our contest is ending; we hope you had as much fun as we did. And we're sorry we didn't get to ask our favorite question: What will Joe Buck say when the Sox win? (The only answer: "Red Sox fans have longed to hear it: I'm retiring!") Oh, well. Next year.
If you want to know what other contests we have going on now or coming up, bookmark this page and visit it often: www.boston.com/ae/fun.
Thanks for playing. And thanks, Red Sox.
GAME 6 RECAP
Here are the answers to the Game 6 questions, with the number of correct guesses in parentheses:
- Who will win? Red Sox (1,981)
- What will be the score? 6-1 (35)
- How many strike outs for Red Sox pitching? 6 (352)
- Which player will hit the first Sox home run? Stephen Drew (103)
- Which Sox outfielder will make the first catch for an out? Jonny Gomes (291)
- How many stolen bases will the Sox have? 0 (677)
- Which Sox player will draw the first walk? David Ortiz (1,126)
- How many bats will the two teams break? 2 (456)
- How many hits will David Ortiz have? 0 (66)
Here are the rules. Have a question? Send it here.