Globe writers pick the best of Fort Myers
My five recommended places to eat in Fort Myers:
5. Bistro 41. Good food, but make sure you go only if someone else (particularly your employer) is buying.
4. Macaroni Grill. Yes, it's a chain. But paesans like pasta and this place has a lot.
3. Blue Pointe Oyster Bar and Seafood Grill. Rule of the road: Eat seafood in coastal areas only. Florida qualifies.
2. Blu Sushi. Fort Myers' version of Sonsie, it's a place for the beautiful people. But the sushi is good.
1. Mario's Meat Market and Deli. In Fort Myers, it's as authentic a deli as you can get. Try "The Godfather" sandwich.
Top five places to eat in Fort Myers:1. Farmers Market It's a good location near the ballpark for breakfast.
2. Prawn Broker It's seafood place that feels like a Boston eatery.
3.Mona Lisa This Italian restaurant is Joe Castiglione's favorite. Great pizza.
4. Bistro 41 They've got good food for a reasonable price.
5. Cru This is a high end place. I don't go too often so I can save the company money.
Top five things to do besides baseball in Fort Myers:1. Fort Myers Beach Sanibel and Captiva are also pretty nice.
2. Golf Lots of choices in the area.
3. Movies Take some time and get out of the sun.
4. Shopping There's lot's of shopping, but it's getting pricey down there.
5. Bowling For us Candlepin guys, Tenpin is easy.
Five tips for fans heading to spring training:1. Wear a hat.
2. Wear sunscreen.
3. Be prepared to sit in Fort Myers traffic.
4. Be prepared for long waits at restaurants unless you know some one.
5. Double-check your hotel reservations. Sometimes they are conveniently lost.
Places to eat:1. Bistro 41
4. New York Pizza
5. Ale House
Things to do:1. Go to Sanibel
2. Go to Naples Ritz
3. Do not go to Edison lights parade
4. Mike Greenwell's Bat and Ball Park
5. Bell tower has movieplex