Sports

Celtics’ Rajon Rondo dismisses report about Carmelo Anthony recruiting him for Knicks

This is a summary. To read the whole story subscribe to BostonGlobe.com

NEW YORK — Rumors surround Rajon Rondo like no other. A fresh batch is born every season, few with merit.

One of the latest eyebrow-raising reports tied the Celtics All-Star point guard to New York Knicks star forward Carmelo Anthony.

Steve Smith, who coached both Anthony and Rondo at Oak Hill Academy in Virginia, told USA Today last week that Anthony was “recruiting” Rondo to come play for the Knicks.

“C’mon man. In my book, that’s tampering,” Anthony told reporters when asked about it.

Rondo also dismissed Smith’s comments.

“People talk, media talk, people make up rumors, people run with them,” Rondo said after the Celtics’ shootaround Tuesday before they played the Brooklyn Nets.

“I haven’t spoken to him. He ain’t contacted me. It’s just rumors.”

Full story for BostonGlobe.com subscribers.

Get the full story with unlimited access to BostonGlobe.com.

Just 99 cents for four weeks.

Share