From the NBA:
The Boston Celtics and the team's All-Star forward Kevin Garnett lead the lists of the NBA's Most Popular Jerseys and Team Merchandise for the 2007-08 season based on combined sales at the NBA Store in New York City and NBAStore.com.
The Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant ends the season at No. 2 and the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James moves up one spot to No. 3. The Denver Nuggets’ Allen Iverson holds the No. 4 spot, followed by the New Orleans Hornets’ Chris Paul who makes his debut in the Top 5.
The NBA Store and NBAStore.com each had its best sales year during the 2007-08 season. Sales at NBAStore.com were up 29 percent versus last year, while sales at the NBA Store were up 17 percent. Sales highlights for the year include:
- NBAStore.com had its best month ever in the history of the site in December 2007.
- The Los Angeles Lakers 2008 Western Conference Championship Locker Room tee shirt and hat set an all-time sales record for Conference Championship units sold on NBAStore.com.
- Bryant’s MVP tee shirt was the highest selling MVP tee shirt in history.
- NBA Playoffs and The Finals merchandise saw a sales increase of over 100 percent over last year.
Top 15 Most Popular NBA Jerseys: Top 10 Most Popular Teams:
1. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics 1. Boston Celtics
2. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers 2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers 3. Phoenix Suns
4. Allen Iverson, Denver Nuggets 4. New York Knicks
5. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets 5. Chicago Bulls
6. Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns 6. Cleveland Cavaliers
7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat 7. New Orleans Hornets
8. Shaquille O’Neal, Phoenix Suns 8. Denver Nuggets
9. Carmelo Anthony, Denver Nuggets 9. Miami Heat
10. Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards 10. San Antonio Spurs
11. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas Mavericks
12. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
13. Tracy McGrady, Houston Rockets
14. Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
15. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers