Greetings and salutations, faithful Internet traveler, from TD Garden, where the Celtics and the Denver Nuggets are scheduled to throw down, basketball style, at 6 p.m. Sunday.
These are the two hottest teams in the NBA. The Nuggets (33-18) have won a league-best nine straight games, the Celtics (26-23) have won a season-high-tying six straight.
Denver, which has won 15 of 17, is also coming on off a back-to-back; the Nuggets played in Cleveland Saturday night and arrived early Sunday morning in Boston. A Nuggets official messaged me when the team arrived, and that was around 1:30 a.m.
Because of Milwaukee's loss Saturday night against Detroit, the Celtics have moved up one spot to 7th in the Eastern Conference standings; as of this post, the C's are one game back of Atlanta, which plays at Dallas Monday, for the 6th spot.
And yes, Sunday's game is taking place as scheduled, despite the historic blizzard that just smashed this burg.
A reminder: There is still no street parking in the city of Boston. Limited subway service begins in the city at 2 p.m. The Red and Orange lines will make all stops. The Green Line will run from Lechmere to Kenmore, and the Blue Line from Orient Heights to Government Center.
PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS.
PG Avery Bradley
SG Courtney Lee
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
PG Ty Lawson
SG Andre Iguodala
SF Danilo Gallinari
PF Kenneth Faried
C Kosta Koufos
TV/Radio: CSN, WEEI (93.7)
- Denver is the third-highest scoring team in the NBA (104.7 points per game) and they have six players averaging double figures: Danilo Gallinari (17.1), Ty Lawson (15.1), Andre Iguodala (13.5), Kenneth Faried (12.3), Corey Brewer (11.3), and JaVale McGee (10.1).
- During Denver's winning streak, they're averaging 114.6 points a game.
- Boston's defense ranks ninth in the NBA in points allowed (96 points a game).
- Denver is 31-1 in games in which it scores 100 or more points. It also ranks first in the NBA in fast-break points (19.4).
- Six of Denver's nine straight wins came against teams that currently have a winning record.
- Denver has lost 18 of its last 21 games in Boston.
- This is the first of two meetings; the rematch is Feb. 19 in Denver.