Greetings and salutations, faithful Internet traveler, from TD Garden, where the Celtics and Chicago Bulls are scheduled to throw down, basketball style, at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday.
This is the last game for each team before the All-Star break, and each team could use a breather. The Celtics have lost three players to season-ending injuries in 16 days, and Chicago has had every starter except Richard Hamilton miss time over the last 3 1/2 weeks.
Derrick Rose is out. Kirk Hinrich (elbow) has missed the last six games and he's out, too. Joakim Noah said he'll play with plantar fasciitis in his right foot.
For the Celtics, Rajon Rondo, Jared Sullinger, and Leandro Barbosa are all out for the season.
Chicago, of course, is coached by former Celtics assistant and defensive wiz Tom Thibodeau. His team is giving up 91.9 points a game, the third fewest in the league.
Projected Starting Lineups.
Boston Celtics (27-24)
PG Avery Bradley
SG Courtney Lee
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
Chicago Bulls (30-21)
PG Nate Robinson
SG Richard Hamilton
SF Luol Deng
PF Carlos Boozer
C Joakim Noah
TV/Radio: CSN, WEEI (93.7)
- The Celtics had won seven straight games before losing to Charlotte Monday.
- Chicago has dropped four of its last six games.
- The Bulls are the only NBA team to boast a better road record (15-9) than home record (15-12).
- Chicago has won eight of its last 10 games against the Celtics.
- The Celtics and Bulls have split their last six games at the Garden.