TORONTO -- The Celtics will try to win their fifth straight game without Rajon Rondo, in a place where they have had trouble. The Raptors always seem to play hard at home against the Celtics, and now they have reinforcements in Rudy Gay, who was acquired last week in a three-team trade from the Memphis Grizzlies. Jose Calderon was sent to Detroit and Ed Davis was shipped to Memphis. Kyle Lowry is the Toronto point guard, and his speed has given the Celtics fits in the past.
BOSTON CELTICS (24-23)
PG Avery Bradley
SG Courtney Lee
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
TORONTO RAPTORS (17-31)
PG Kyle Lowry
SG DeMar DeRozan
SF Rudy Gay
PF Amir Johnson
C Aaron Gray
Officials: Bennie Adams, Brent Barnaky, Pat Fraher
TV/radio: 7 p.m. Comcast SportsNet / WEEI 93.7 FM
• Andrea Bargnani, who has not played since Dec. 10 because of a torn elbow ligament, was declared healthy enough to play after participating in shootaround Wednesday morning. The Raptors reportedly are looking to trade Bargnani, who was the No. 1 overall pick in 2006.
• Rudy Gay has averaged 24.5 points in two games with the Raptors, including a 29-point effort Sunday against the Miami Heat. He also said he has talked with close friend Rajon Rondo and said he is convinced the Boston point guard will return from his torn right ACL to All-Star form.
• Linas Kleiza is out with a sore right knee while Landry Fields is a game-time decision with back spasms.
• In the four games Rondo has missed, Paul Pierce is averaging 17.2 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 6.2 assists. He has converted five of his last 10 3-point attempts.
• Former Celtic Mickael Pietrus hasn't played in three weeks because of coach's decisions and knee soreness. He said he played all of last season for Boston with a swollen knee. He underwent another procedure on his right knee in the offseason and wanted to come back to Boston, but the Celtics weren't interested.
• The Celtics are third in the league in points allowed per game since Jan. 1 with 92.4. They were 17th through the season's first two months.