PORTLAND, Ore. -- Kevin Garnett is back in the lineup as the Celtics try to notch their second consecutive victory against the Trail Blazers, who have lost seven straight games, including a 111-107 decision to the Los Angeles Lakers on Friday. The Celtics took Saturday off and welcomed newcomer DJ White, who still isn't eligible to play because of paperwork from his Chinese team.
BOSTON CELTICS (29-26)
PG Avery Bradley
SG Courtney Lee
SF Paul Pierce
PF Brandon Bass
C Kevin Garnett
PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS (25-30)
PG Damian Lillard
SG Wesley Matthews
SF Nicolas Batum
PF LaMarcus Aldridge
C JJ Hickson
Officials: Monty McCutchen, Tony Brown, Eric Dalen
TV/radio: 9 p.m. Comcast SportsNet /WEEI 93.7 FM
• White still hasn't been cleared to play but he was present at shootaround and could play Monday against the Utah Jazz. He will wear uniform #12.
• The Celtics will get three days after after this West Coast road trip before playing the Golden State Warriors on Friday. Coach Doc Rivers said that period will be used to get newcomers Jordan Crawford, Terrence Williams and White some practice time and reps learning the system.
• To make room for newly acquired Eric Maynor, the Trail Blazers waived point guard Ronnie Price. Maynor is active and will wear #6.
• The Celtics lead the overall series with the Trail Blazers 62-39 and 27-23 in Portland. Portland hasn't beaten the Celtics at Rose Garden since Dec. 30, 2008.
• Rivers said Williams is a point guard although he has played shooting guard in his career. Williams getting time at that position should allow Jason Terry to play strictly shooting guard.