Celtics forwards Kelly Olynyk and Jared Sullinger were selected for the 2014 Rising Stars Challenge that will be played Friday, Feb. 14, in New Orleans during the NBA All-Star weekend.
Olynyk, a rookie 7-footer, is a 2013 first-round draft pick out of Gonzaga. He's averaging 6.6 points and 4.4 rebounds over 18.3 minutes per game. Sullinger is in his second season with the Celtics after being drafted in the first round out of Ohio State in 2012. He's averaging 12.5 points and 7.6 rebounds over 26.4 minutes per game.
The game will feature two teams with nine rookies and sophomores mixed together, drafted from a pool selected by the NBA’s assistant coaches. It will be the third straight year rookies and sophomores will be mixed together on teams.
The head coaches for both teams will be the lead assistant coaches from the 2014 NBA All-Star Game coaching staffs -- Oklahoma City and Indiana.
Here is the list of all the players selected for the 2014 Rising Stars Challenge:
• Steven Adams, Oklahoma City, center, rookie
• Pero Antic, Atlanta, center, rookie
• Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee, guard/forward, rookie
• Harrison Barnes, Golden State, forward, second year
• Bradley Beal, Washington, guard, second year
• Trey Burke, Utah, guard, rookie.
• Michael Carter-Williams, Philadelphia, guard, rookie
• Anthony Davis, New Orleans, forward/center, second year
• Andre Drummond, Detroit, center, second year
• Tim Hardaway, Jr., New York, guard, rookie
• Terrence Jones, Houston, forward, second year
• Damian Lillard, Portland, guard, second year
• Victor Oladipo, Orlando, guard, rookie
• Kelly Olynyk, Boston, forward, rookie
• Mason Plumlee, Brooklyn, forward/center, rookie
• Jared Sullinger, Boston, forward, second year
• Jonas Valanciunas, Toronto, center, second year
• Dion Waiters, Cleveland, guard, second year