The Celtics will go for their fourth consecutive win tonight against the veteran Mavericks, who will feature four starters that are at least 32 years old. Of course, the main Maverick is Dirk Nowitzki, who is polishing off a Hall of Fame caliber career, averaging 21.9 points and 6.1 rebounds and shooting 61 percent in his past six games.
Boston will be healthier, getting Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley back after both missed Friday's win over the Sacramento Kings. Rondo missed Friday with general knee soreness and Bradley re-sprained his right ankle. Both were sharp in pre-game workouts.
BOSTON CELTICS (18-33)
PG Rajon Rondo
SG Avery Bradley
SF Jeff Green
PF Brandon Bass
C Jared Sullinger
Inactives: Keith Bogans, Vitor Faverani
DALLAS MAVERICKS (30-21)
PG Jose Calderon
SG Monta Eliis
SF Shawn Marion
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Samuel Dalembert
Inactives: Gal Mekel, Ricky Ledo
Officials: Tony Brothers, Pat Fraher, Kevin Cutler
TV, radio: 6 p.m., CSNNE, WBZ-FM (98.5)
• It looks like Vitor Faverani may be out until the All-Star Break as the Celtics are cautious with his sore left knee.
• Monta Ellis worked out before the game and is considered a game-time decision with a sore hamstring. Ellis played 34 minutes Friday against the Utah Jazz and scored 22 points.
• Mavericks owner Mark Cuban suggested to prevent tanking, the teams with the three worst record should be ineligible for the No. 1 overall pick in the draft lottery.
• Celtics coach Brad Stevens said Dirk Nowitzki is a definite role model for Kelly Olynyk. Nowitzki, one of the great stretch power forwards of all time, was very similar physically to Olynyk entering the league. Stevens said he wants Olynyk to be more aggressive offensively.
• The Celtics will leave late Sunday night for Milwaukee and a Monday evening matchup with the Bucks. They ended the first half with a Wednesday home game against the San Antonio Spurs.