The Celtics are in Detroit for the first of a two-game road trip as they try to finish out the season in a positive way. The past two games have been disappointing at best for the club, which dropped a disheartening 111-102 decision to the Philadelphia 76ers on Friday at TD Garden. The 76ers recently lost 26 consecutive games.
The Pistons had playoff aspirations but are one of the league's most disappointing team and are again headed for the draft lottery. They have beaten the Celtics twice this season but Boston came back to beat Detroit 118-111 on March 9 at the Garden.
BOSTON CELTICS (23-53)
PG Phil Pressey
SG Jerryd Bayless
SF Jeff Green
PF Brandon Bass
C Jared Sullinger
Inactives: Keith Bogans, Vitor Faverani, Gerald Wallace
DETROIT PISTONS (27-49)
PG Brandon Jennings
SG Kyle Singler
SF Josh Smith
PF Greg Monroe
C Andre Drummond
Inactives: Chauncey Billups, Will Bynum, Josh Harrelson
Officials: John Goble, Courtney Kirkland, James Williams
TV, radio: 7:30 p.m., CSNNE, WBZ-FM (98.5)
• Avery Bradley is out tonight with a strained Achilles' tendon, the second consecutive game he will miss with the injury and 22nd overall.
• Kris Humphries is also out tonight with right patella tendinitis. He did not make the trip to Detroit and his status for Wednesday at Atlanta is unknown.
• And as has been the pattern, Rajon Rondo is not playing because it is the second game of a back-to-back set, although he did notch his first triple double since returning from knee surgery.
• Former Celtics staff member Darren Erman, who left the team before last season to become assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors, have been relieved of his duties by the team for violating team policy.
• The Celtics will return home late Saturday night and take Sunday off before returning to practice in Waltham on Monday. The club faces the Atlanta Hawks in Georgia on Wednesday.