The month of May marks the beginning of the abyss of the NFL offseason. With no real news or events between now and the beginning of training camp, it's time to start killing some time.
So, one player at a time, one day at a time, we're going to count down the top 25 players in the AFC East.
What we're doing here
This is my opinion, based on my own research and knowledge of these players. Injuries impacted a few players not making the list (don't hold your breath for Santonio Holmes or Scott Chandler), but other than that, the ranking is based solely on on-field performance and impact.
I ran it by a few trusted writers, but I also ran it by some people with NFL scouting experience, just to make sure I wasn't being too crazy.
All that being said, this is my work. I'm solely accountable for these opinions.
What to do when my list invariably angers you beyond belief
There are three ways you can let me hear it:
The rankings (links embedded in each name, each opens in new window)
1. Tom Brady, QB, Patriots
2. Cameron Wake, DE, Dolphins
3. Vince Wilfork, DT, Patriots
4. Rob Gronkowski, TE, Patriots
5. Muhammad Wilkerson, DL, Jets
6. C.J. Spiller, RB, Bills
7. Jairus Byrd, S, Bills
8. Stevie Johnson, WR, Bills
9. Reshad Jones, S, Dolphins
10. Mike Pouncey, C, Dolphins
11. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, LT, Jets
12. Nick Mangold, C, Jets
13. Jerod Mayo, LB, Patriots
14. Antonio Cromartie, CB, Jets
15. Kyle Williams, DT, Bills
16. Logan Mankins, LG, Patriots
17. Aaron Hernandez, TE, Patriots
18. Mario Williams, DE, Bills
19. Mike Wallace, WR, Dolphins
20. Devin McCourty, FS, Patriots
21. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Dolphins
22. Randy Starks, DT, Dolphins
23. Nate Solder, LT, Patriots
24. Eric Wood, C, Bills
25. Stevan Ridley, RB, Patriots
Check back every morning to see who is revealed in the countdown.
The author is solely responsible for the content.