Jimmy Fallon paid tribute to CBS "Late Night" host David Letterman during "The Tonight Show" Friday by offering his own "Top 10" reasons why David Letterman is retiring.
Fallon said he guest-hosted for Letterman during Letterman's days on NBC. Adding, that was when he "caught the bug" to become a late-night host, Fallon said. He called Letterman "a Hall of Famer" and "one in a million."
Letterman's "Late Show" on NBC aired in the slot that followed the "Tonight Show." He left NBC for CBS in 1993. Fallon eventually would host the same "Late Night" show before replacing Jay Leno as "Tonight Show" host in February.
Below are Fallon's top 10 reasons why Letterman is retiring:
- 10: Wants to quit while he's still able to compete on "Dancing With the Stars."
- 9. Made millions selling crack to Rob Ford.
- 8. Time slot was getting to "Jimmyesque."
- 7. He's not retiring – he's "consciously unhosting."
- 6. Stop! Hammock time!
- 5. Hillary/Letterman 2016!
- 4. After 31 years, finally got through to the Obamacare website!
- 3. One word: E-Looprah
- 2. Jay Leno needs a partner for next season's Amazing Race.
- 1. Jimmy Fallon is stealing his bits.
Class for sure.
The OBF Blog is written by award-winning journalist and Bay State native Bill Speros. Got a news tip, want to let him know directly what you think, have a complaint or compliment about his "aggressively relevant" content or hate people who speak about themselves in the third person, hit him up on his Obnoxious Boston Fan Facebook page, on Twitter @realOBF or hit him on at his
Obnoxious Boston Fan Email Address . Thanks always for reading and pass the clicker.