ĎTis the season to start reflecting on what we are most grateful for.
Thanksgiving is one week away, and while everyone is busy getting their grocery list items crossed off for the massive amount of family and friends who will invade the premises, I thought it would be appropriate to take a minute and reflect on what I am thankful for.
- Iím thankful that I am not dead last in my weekly pick-Ďem football pool. Bottom third? Yep! But not dead last. At least I have some sort of integrity to preserve.
- Iím thankful that the election is over and I donít have to listen to or watch campaign ads 24/7. Hey, I get it. But over a billion dollars spent? Come on!
- Iím thankful that people actually find me somewhat interesting to follow me on Twitter. I was against the social media giant, but my colleagues and bosses felt it was necessary for me to join. Thankfully, people are there to support me. THANK YOU all, and I apologize if Iím not as interesting as you thought.
- Iím thankful that my husband allows us to have the super duper cable package so we get Showtime. I am obsessed with Homeland.
- Iím thankful that I never emailed a war general through Gmail.
- Iím thankful Selena Gomez finally came to her senses and broke up withÖ whatís his name again?
- Iím thankful that E.L. James took her talents to a publisher.
- Iím thankful my ďIPad2Ē looks like the latest ďIPad with Retina DisplayĒ so I donít look like Iím behind the times with technology (although Iím sure Apple will screw me over in another 6 months).
- Iím thankful you canít take the Jersey out of the Jersey Girl (thank you Bruce).
Okay, okay enough of that.
In all seriousness, I am thankful for so many things in my life. I have a wonderful family, awesome friends, an incredible job, and I am thrilled to be a part of Sheís Game Sports.
I pray for everyone close to my hometown who was affected by Hurricane Sandy, and I wish them all well in the recovery process.
And Iím thankful that I only have to wait seven more days until the radio stations start playing Christmas songs around the clock!
The author is solely responsible for the content.