Nathan Horton ruled out for postseason

WILMINGTON – The Bruins have announced that forward Nathan Horton will not appear in the postseason. Horton hasn’t played since suffering a concussion on Jan. 22.

“In his case, it’s probably the best thing for, No. 1, him,” Claude Julien said. “As an organization, you’ve got to make the right decision. He’s tried to come back a few times. He’s had some setbacks lately. You could tell he was feeling the pressure of trying to come back for the playoffs. When you’re not feeling well, that’s not right. It was important for us to let him know we’re going to shut him down for the rest of the year.”

Advertisement

Horton was diagnosed with a mild concussion after being hit by Philadelphia’s Tom Sestito. The Bruins were hopeful he would not miss much time.

In 46 games this season, Horton scored 17 goals and 15 assists.

This is the second straight season Horton will miss postseason time. Aaron Rome ended Horton’s run last year when he blasted him in Game 3 of the Stanley Cup finals.

GM Peter Chiarelli said he expects Horton to be ready for 2012-13.

Rich Peverley is projected to replace Horton on the first line to start the playoffs alongside David Krejci and Milan Lucic.

@GlobeFluto